NEW THIS SEASON: we LOVE the fact that we are growing at such an aggressive rate. We DO NOT LOVE the fact that a larger space is not possible at this time! So, in order to continue to grow, allow more consignors to participate, and keep all of our categories (including home decor and adult clothing!), we have a new sale model: the 2-Phase model!
Here's how it works: the first group of consignors to sign up (we are not releasing the number) will be dropping off for Phase 1 of the sale (drop-offs will be 3/20 & 3/21). After Phase 1 is full, we will register consignors for Phase 2 (their drop-offs will be 3/25 & 3/26). Phase 2 consignors may continue to enter inventory even after the Phase 1 sale begins!
Phase 1 sale will be Thursday - Sunday (with no 1/2 price day yet); Monday and Tuesday, Phase 1 inventory will be consolidated and Phase 2 inventory (just as much inventory as Phase 1 had on opening day) will be added in; Wednesday - Saturday we will be open again with all remaining Phase 1 Inventory and all NEW Phase 2 inventory. Half-Price day will be on Saturday.
Consignors receive 65% of items sold. Want to earn more? Volunteer for 1 3-hour shift for an extra 5%, or for 2 3-hour shifts for an extra 10%.
Early Shopping Privileges: consignors automatically shop early on TWO Pre-Sale days this season! Thursday, March 21 and Wednesday, March 27. Want to shop earlier? Volunteer!
- 9-hour (3 shifts) volunteers shop at 3pm on 3/21 and 12pm on 3/27
- 6-hour (2 shifts) volunteers shop at 4pm on 3/21 and 1pm on 3/27
- 3-hour (1 shift) volunteers and consignors shop at 5pm on 3/21 and 3pm on 3/27
Consignor Registration: opens Tuesday, January 1, 2019! All consignors must have their own consignor number. See below for Sale Guidelines.
Concierge Tagging: Do you have a lot of items you would love to consign, but don’t have the time or are simply unable to do it? Let us help! Here’s how it works: register for the sale, then simply drop your items off with us and we will take care of pricing, entering, tagging, and hanging your items. Consignors will receive 40% of the sales price, and can earn an additional 10% by volunteering. Concierge Tagging spaces are very limited! The fee for this service is $15; See “Concierge Tagging Service” on the menu bar at the top.
- Fees – there is a $10 consignor fee due at registration via Paypal. Registration is not complete until payment is made. $10 registration fee is non-refundable.
- Commission – consignors keep 65% of the sale price. Consignors who volunteer may keep up to 75% of the sales price.
- Drop-Off/Pick-Up – consignors must sign-up for a drop-off time. Appointments are necessary as all items are carefully inspected for stains, rips, tears, stuck zippers, missing buttons, odors, etc. If a consignor does not choose to donate their unsold items, they must be picked up at the conclusion of the sale (Saturday, March 30, 6pm - 9pm). No exceptions. Items not picked up will be donated.
- Online Tagging – we use mysalemanager.net for our online tagging system and do not use any other systems. We do not accept hand-written tags. Items must be entered online and tags must be printed through the system.
- Earnings – payment will be mailed to consignors within 10 business days of the end of the sale.
- Discount – the last day of the sale, selected items are discounted 50%. Any items that you wish to discount on the last day of the sale should be noted when you are entering your items. Discount must be noted in the system and on the tag; remember that for most items, it is easier to allow a discount than to take it home, store, re-tag, and bring back next year!
- Donate – please consider donating unsold items. Local organizations that distribute items to families in need and raise funds for various charities receive all donations. Simply check the “Donate” box as you enter your items. When the sale ends, items marked “Donate” will be gathered and picked up by the participating charity organizations.
- If any changes are made in mysalemanger.com AFTER the tag has been printed, then a NEW tag must be printed. The bar code reflects what is in the system, so if you change something, it will not ring up properly and may cost you a sale.
- Lost Tags/Unmarked Items – inevitably, items are separated from their tags. We will make every effort to reunite the tag with their item. When you pick up your items, be sure to check the “Untagged” rack for items of yours that may have been separated from their tag.
- Recalls – please check US Gov Recall Page for information about items that have been recalled. It is illegal to sell recalled items.
- All items sold at The Treasure Chest sale are “As-Is” with no implied or express warranties. Items are not owned by The Treasure Chest, but by individual consignors. No refunds or exchanges; all sales final. Please inspect items before purchasing. We are not responsible for items that become lost or damaged during sale.