**Very Important Notes:
- Item Limits: 250 Per Consignor Number
- Women's/Men's Clothes accepted with restrictions - please click http://thetreasurechestsale.com/adult-clothes/ for detailed instructions
- No adult books (fiction or non-fiction)
- Any item that is purchased but returned by a shopper due to defect or missing pieces will be refunded and redacted from consignors sales; consignor will also be charged a $25 defect fee. We want our shoppers to know that they can trust us!
- No Maternity
- No Breast Pumps/Accessories
- No Baby Bath Tubs
- No CDs
- Picture frames - please keep in mind "style"; picture frames are a hard sell in general, so make sure you bring your BEST
- Glassware and dishes - complete sets only
- Tchotchkes - those small decorative items, often quite fragile - remember that for the same reasons you are parting with it, most shoppers will not want to purchase it. Be selective and bring your best!
- Home Decor: the most important tip I can give you: KEEP CURRENT! Ask yourself "Is this Chip & Joanna approved?". Our shoppers LOVE patriotic, shabby chic, farmhouse, minimalist, updated items. According to our sales statistics, they are not loving brass, glassware, outdated, and incomplete sets.
- As always, owner discretion will be used for final decisions on accepted/unaccepted items.
- For Spring 2022,we are accepting spring/summer clothing, shoes and accessories. Also, for home decor and holiday items, please limit to spring/summer, St. Patrick's Day, Easter, Cinco de Mayo & Patriotic (if I missed a Spring/Summer holiday, please tell me!). Please save your fall/winter items and Christmas/autumn decor for our Fall/Winter 2022 sale.
- All items must be in good shape! No stains, tears, rips, broken zippers, missing buttons, odors, or other flaws. Items will be inspected after they are placed on the sales floor. Unaccepted items will be be available for consignors to pick up.
- All items must be current! Check the styles, the fabrics, the cut. Remember that shoppers are looking for items that are stylish, not out-dated. If you have a middle-schooler, please don’t consign the clothes they wore as a toddler!
In order to maximize our precious space, we do have significant limits. Brand, Quality, and Age of each garment will determine if it will be on our sales floor. These are our standards to which we must adhere in order to make the racks easy to shop, have a great selection, and offer a bargain for our shoppers.
All adult bottoms (skirts, shorts, pants, etc.) MUST be on a "clip" hanger - do NOT pin them to a hanger, or fold over. IMPORTANT: Bottoms not on a clip hanger will be properly placed on a clip hanger by TTCS Crew at a cost to consignor of $2 per item, whether the item is sold or not (deducted from check at conclusion of sale).
- Below you will find a finite list of brands that we are accepting (due to sales data from previous sales).
- If your item is on our list of ACCEPTED brands, then you may list it and bring it.
- If your item is NOT on that list, but is NEW WITH TAG, you can text me at 919-414-7764 with a photo of the item and the original tag, the brand, the year of purchase, the size and the price you intend to put on it.
- If it is neither on the Accepted Brands list nor New With Tag, but you still feel it should be included, then you may text the same info as NEW WITH TAG items and we will decide.
- If the Brand is on our "Not Accepted" list, then please do not enter those items.
- All garments must be free from stains and odors
- No missing buttons, stuck zippers, picks, or other defects
- All garments must be current
- General rule of thumb - purchased retail within the past 5 years
- Mall brands such as Gap, Banana Republic, J. Crew, etc. will have manufacturing season/month/year in the small white tag under the manufacturing tag (example: "Sum 19" or "11/20", etc.).
Women's & Men's Brands:
- ACCEPTED BRANDS:
- 7 For All Mankind
- Anthropologie Brands, Ann Taylor, Athleta, Alice & Olivia
- Banana Republic, Brooks Brothers, Boden
- Cr0own & Ivy, Chico's Citizens of Humanity, Coastal Cotton, Charles River
- Draper James, Drake
- Free People
- J Crew, Jack Wills
- Kate Spade
- Lilly Pulitzer, Lacoste, Lululemon, Lauren James, Lane Bryant, Levi's, Lucky Brand
- Matilda Jane, Madewell, Miss Me
- Ralph Lauren
- Simply Southern, Splendid, Southern Tide, Southern Marsh,
- Torrid, Theory, Tory Burch, Trina Turk, True Religion, Tommy Hilfiger
- Urban Outfitters brands
- Vineyard Vines
- NOT ACCEPTED:
- Kohl's (Candies, SO, Croft & Barrow, Arizona, LEI, Mudd, Axcess, Daisy Fuentes, etc.)
- Walmart (Faded Glory, Time & Tru, George, Just My Size, No Boundaries, Terra & Sky, Secret Treasures, etc.)
- Target (Cherokee, Mossimo, A New Day, Knox Rose, Universal Threads, Goodfellow, Hanes, etc.)
- Discount Store Brands (Kmart, Dollar General, Family Dollar, etc.)
- "Fast Fashion" Stores (Body Central, XXI, Fashion Bug, Cato, etc.)
- Lee, Riders, Dockers, Wrangler, Koret, Ruby Road, New Directions, Maurices, Duckhead, Chadwicks, Sag Harbour, Notations, St. John's Bay, Old Navy, Alfred Dunner,
- EXCEPTIONS to the above:
- Plus Sizes - due to high demand but difficulty finding them, we are accepting Plus Size clothes in all brands, as long as they meet the Quality/Condition and Age requirements.
- Scrubs - we will accept brands in like-new condition of any brand
- There are many other brands that would be acceptable but are impossible to list - please message us for clarification.
Juniors - please put ALL garments with these labels under the JUNIORS category
- ACCEPTED BRANDS:
- American Eagle
- Abercrombie & Fitch
- Charlotte Russe
- Forever 21
- Rue 21
- If it's not on the above list, please message 919-414-7764 with the brand and a photo
- Athletic ACCEPTED BRANDS: Nike, Adidas, Patagonia, The North Face, Lululemon, Athleta, Champion, UnderArmour, Fila, Puma, New Balance, AthleticWorks, etc.
- Casual/Lounge ACCEPTED: Simpy Southern, Mossy Oak, Southern Proper, Life Is Good, Southern Couture, HeyBo, Southern Fried Cotton, Collared Greens, Puppie Love Apparel, Southern Shirt Co., Yeti, etc.
Children’s Specialty Items:
- There is a big demand for high-end names and trunk show brands. The resale value is very good on these items. View our “Boutique” list by clicking on the link above.
- we will accept monogrammed clothing with one initial or name; no 3 initial monogrammed items please.
- Home decor must also meet the quality requirements, and be current.
- Please make sure items are dusted and cleaned before dropping off. Contact Us if you plan to consign larger pieces of furniture.
- We are now accepting "electrical" items - things with cords (we previously have only accepted lamps in this category). Items must be in good working condition (consignors will be asked to demonstration that the item works at drop-off). They must also be meticulously CLEAN! Clean 'em up like your mother-in-law is borrowing it.
- Consider Consigning:
- Furniture (contact us if you plan to consign a large piece so we may make appropriate space for it)
- Seasonal Items - patriotic, St. Patricks Day, Easter, spring, summer, Cinco de Mayo
- Home Decor - picture frames, decorative pillows, baskets, wreaths, knick knacks (please limit glass items, as they are low-sellers and they are fragile), lamps, lamp shades, book ends
- Linens - complete bedding ensembles, curtains, BRAND NEW sheets or towels (no previously used sheets or towels will be accepted unless part of a bedding set)
- Bath - shower curtains (no liners), shower curtain rings, bath sets
- Framed Artwork
- Large coffee table books
- Yard decor - flags, ornaments, swings, rocking chairs, etc.
- These items will NOT be accepted:
- Sheets that are NOT new in the package - unless part of a bedding set (comforter, skirt, pillow, sham, set)
- Bath/kitchen linens that are NOT brand new with store tags
- Cleaning supplies (neither new nor used)
- ANYTHING chipped, broken, faded, or damaged
- All kitchen items must be immaculately clean and in like-new condition!
- We are now taking small appliances (waffle irons, mixers, blenders, toaster ovens, etc.); these small appliances MUST be in Like-New Condition, with no trace of use on them! Consignors will be asked to demonstrate that they work at drop-off.
- Consider consigning:
- Specialty brands such as Pampered Chef and Tupperware
- Baking pans and dishes
- Cake Molds
- Table linens
- Supplies for knitting, sewing, scrapbooking, painting and other tools used in home hobbies
- Books and magazines for home crafts/hobbies
- Gear - baby carriers, bassinets/cribs (must not be on the recall list), high chairs, booster seats, exersaucers, changing tables, bouncy seats, jumperoos, pack-n-plays, IMMACULATE potties, rocking chairs/gliders, strollers, swings, walkers, etc.
- Feeding - bottles/rings (no used nipples), bottle warmers, bibs, bowls, spoons/forks, sippy cups, etc.
- Diapering/bath - diaper bags, diaper genies/pails, cloth diapers, unopened disposable diapers/wipes, wipe warmers, NEW, UNOPENED bath/diapering products (powders, washes, shampoos, etc.), bath toys, etc. NO infant bath tubs due to new federal regulations.
- Nursery - decor, crib sets, baby monitors. etc.
- Safety Gates and other safety gear
- Infant accessories - blankets, mittens, hats, etc.
- Accessories - bodysuits, socks, tights, hair clips/bows, ties, belts, etc.
- Indoor Toys - all must be working and complete
- Ride-On Toys
- Bikes, scooters, trikes, etc.
- Big Toys like Little Tikes, Step One, play houses, kitchens, work benches, etc.
- Outdoor play equipment
- Play mats/gyms
- Wagons, bike pull-behinds, etc.
- Furniture - toy bins, toddler beds, dressers, etc.
- Books - everything from board books to kids novels to crafting to gaming books - just NO adult fiction/non-fiction
- DVDs - infant, kids, family; nothing rated R or beyond; please leave unrated TV series box sets (Game Of Thrones, etc.) at home!
- Video Games
- PC and all other game platforms
- Video Game Consoles - MUST BE IN WORKING CONDITION
- Video Game Accessories (controllers, chargers, figures, carrying cases, etc.)
- Board Games - ALL pieces must be included
- Puzzles - from board puzzles to 1000+ jigsaws, all pieces MUST be included
- Homeschool Books
- Textboooks - must be published in the last 3 years
- Electronic Educational Toys
- LeapFrog, Tag, Leapster, LeapPad, etc.
- Accessories - chargers, carrying cases, pens, etc.
- School Uniforms
Items we do NOT accept:
- adult fiction books
- adult non-fiction books
- car seats
- infant bath tubs
- outdated/damaged clothing and shoes
- Maternity Clothes
- Breast Pumps/accessories
- underwear of any kind (unless new in original package)
- VHS/cassette tapes
- toys/games/puzzles with missing pieces
- stuffed animals that are not immaculate
- large appliances (refrigerators, stoves, ceiling fans, etc.)
- common household items (cleaning products, sheets and towels that are not new in original packaging, office supplies, personal care items, etc.)
- No Spring/Summer/Easter decor/clothing for the Fall sale. Save those items for the Spring.
- The following household linens that are not brand new with store tags: bath mats, sheets, pillow cases, towels, hand towels, wash cloths
If you have questions about an item, please contact us.