- All items must be fall or winter items! Please no swimwear, tank tops, sleeveless, shorts, or other clothing that would be more suitable for warmer weather. School uniform shorts, are allowed. Short sleeves are allowed, though they may be held in the back until floor space opens up during sale week. Fall/Winter decor is accepted.
- All items must be in good shape! No stains, tears, rips, broken zippers, missing buttons, odors, or other flaws. Items will be inspected before they are placed on the sales floor. Unaccepted items will be returned to consignor.
- All items must be current! Check the styles, the fabrics, the cut. Remember that shoppers are looking for items that are stylish, not out-dated. If you have a middle-schooler, please don’t consign the clothes they wore as a toddler!
Children’s Specialty Items: there is a big demand for high-end names and trunk show brands. The resale value is very good on these items. We will have a special “Boutique” section for those items. View our “Boutique” list by clicking on the link to the left.
Monogrammed clothing: we will accept monogrammed clothing with one initial or name; no 3 initial monogrammed items please.
Adult Clothing: we are accepting adult clothing with strict guidelines. Adult clothing takes up a lot of space and so we must only accept your best offerings. All adult clothing MUST be less than 5 years old. Inside the tag of Gap, Old Navy, J Crew, Banana Republic, and some others, you will find the date of manufacture. If there is no date, please use your very best judgement. Final decisions will be made by our inspectors.
Consignors are limited to 50 Women's Clothing Items and 20 Men's Clothing Items. This is entirely due to space.
- Acceptable brands for adult clothing
- Mall Stores: Lilly Pulitzer, Vineyard Vinces, Chico's, White House Black Market, J Crew, Gap, Old Navy, Hollister, Abercrombie & Fitch, Coldwater Creek, Coach, Citizens of Humanity, 7 For All Mankind, Anthropologie brands, Ann Taylor, Loft, Banana Republic, Aeropostale, American Eagle, Lacoste, Guess, Gap, Express, Ralph Lauren, NY & Co., Michael Stars, Michael Kors, Splendid, Tory Burch, Trina Turk, True Religion, Athleta, Brooks Brothers, Bebe, BCBG, Donna Karan, Express, True Religion, Lane Bryant, Avenue, Torrid, J Jill, Fossil, Kim Rogers, Lululemon, The North Face, Patagonia, Dress Barn, Sonoma, Croft & Barrow
- Department Store Brands: Simply Southern, Caribbean Joe, Alfred Dunner, Donna Morgan, Jones New York, Kasper, New Directions, Red Camel, Charter Club, Ruby Road, Crown & Ivy, Alfani, Style & Co., Apt. 9, Daisy Fuentes, Roxy, Nike, Adidas, Under Armour, Simply Vera, Rock & Republic, Dana Buchman, Lauren Conrad, Levi
- Other: Lularoe, Designer Series for Target (Lilly Pulitzer, Isaac Mizrahi, etc.),
- Unacceptable Brands for adult clothing
- Mall Stores: Rue 21, 21, Charlotte Russe, Fashion Bug, Cato, Bass, Koret, Body Central, Wet Seal, Maurices
- Department Store Brands: Duck Head, JG Hook, Sag Harbour, St. John's Bay, Lee, Riders, Wrangler, Amy Byer, Liz Claiborne, Worthington, Joe Fresh
- Discount Store Brands from Walmart, Target, Kmart, etc.: (George, Route 66, Faded Glory, Jaclyn Smith, White Stag, Catalina Jordache, Merona, Mossimo, Cherokee, Xhilaration, Joe Boxer, Basic Editions, Everlast, Hanes, Fruit of the Loom, Signature by Levi, Denizen by Levi, OP, Danskin Now, No Boundaries, Starter, Champion.
Special Sections: we will have racks designated for Boutique Brands and Dance/Sports Wear.
Home Furnishings must also meet the quality requirements, and be current. Please make sure items are dusted and cleaned before dropping off. Contact Us if you plan to consign larger pieces of furniture.
Items we do NOT accept:
- car seats
- outdated/damaged clothing and shoes
- underwear of any kind (unless new in original package)
- VHS/cassette tapes
- toys/games/puzzles with missing pieces
- stuffed animals that don't do something "special"
- home electronics (TV’s, PC’s, laptops, cameras etc.)
- large/small appliances (alarm clocks, refrigerators, stoves, toasters, irons, microwaves, coffee makers, rice makers, ceiling fans, hair dryers, curling irons, car vacuums, etc.)
- common household items (cleaning products, linens that are not new in original packaging, office supplies, personal care items, etc.)
- No Easter/Spring decor/clothing for the Fall/Winter sale. Save those items for the spring.
If you have questions about an item, please contact us.
Many people ask why we do not accept electronics/appliances. The reason is simple: we cannot guarantee that a product works, and cannot offer refunds. Therefore, the only things with electric cords/batteries that are accepted are children’s toys and baby gear. This is at the discretion of The Treasure Chest Sale.
Consider consigning these items for children/kids:
Bassinets/Cribs (must not be on recall list)
Bath Accessories (tubs, toys, unopened bath products)
Beach Towels and Toys
Bikes, Tricycles, and other ride-on toys
Clothing: newborn through big kids
Crib and bedding sets
Cribs (check to be sure they are not on the US Recall List)
Feeding Items – bottles, bowls, spoons/forks, sippy cups, etc.
Leap Frog/Tag/Leapster and other electronic educational toys
Little Tyke toys – both indoor and outdoor
Outdoor Play Equipment (must be fully assembled and able to be transported)
Potties (clean those up really well first!)
Safety Gates and Safety Gear
Video Games (no consoles)
Consider consigning these items for adults and home furnishings:
Shoes – dressy, casual, and athletic – must be in LIKE NEW condition – no scuffs, tears, worn heels, or scratches – must be current and fashionable
Accessories – belts, scarves, ties, briefcases
Handbags and Wallets – must be current and in excellent condition. Our shoppers LOVE our handbag section, especially brands such as Vera Bradley, Michael Kors, Lugg, Nine West, Coach, Dooney & Bourke, Thirty-One, Vera Wang, Fossil, Tignanello, and more.
- Furniture – please contact us if you plan to consign a large piece
- Seasonal Items – please limit to Patriotic/Easter/Spring/Summer items for the Spring sale
- Home Decor – picture frames, knick knacks, decorative pillows, baskets, wreaths etc.
- Kitchen – specialty brands such as Pampered Chef and Tupperware, baking pans, cake molds, dishes, cutlery,d cookbooks – all must be in excellent condition
- Linens – completed bedding ensembles, curtains, BRAND NEW sheets or towels (no previously used sheets or towels will be accepted)
- Framed Artwork
- Large Coffee Table books
Media – DVDs, CDs, video games
Crafting/Hobby – supplies for knitting, sewing, scrapbooking/stamping, painting, and other tools used in home hobbies
Yard/Outdoors – flags, planters, seasonal decor (for Fall/Winter, please limit to Christmas/Fall/Thanksgiving/Halloween items)